Sunday, October 10, 2010

Homemade Doughnuts!



I made homemade doughnuts for the first time and they turned out AWESOME!  They were surprisingly easy to make.  My Better Homes & Gardens magazine had a pic of homemade doughnuts on the cover and my kids were going nuts over them and kept begging me to make them.  I caved.  I went to my local cake supply store and got me a doughnut cutter....and other stuff.  Hehehe.  I made homemade chocolate sauce and dipped half of them, and I also made powdered sugar and cinnamon/sugar.  YUUUUUMMMY!

1 comment:

  1. Hello and thank you for your kind comment on my blog! Yes... Royal icing will keep - just cover it with plastic wrap - placing wrap directly on to the surface of the icing - it will keep in the refrigerator for up to a week. When you're ready to use it, let it come to room temperature and then stir it up - if it's too stiff, add a few drops of water at a time, stirring between drops to loosen your icing back up. If it is flood (thinning) icing you wish to store, keep it in an airtight container in the refrigerator (or during this time of year on the counter top if you're home isn't too warm) and when you're ready to use it again, just stir to reincorporate your color. I apologize for leaving this as a comment on your blog but I didn't get your e-mail to respond to. If you would like my complete tips and recipe sheet, just e-mail me and I'll send it right away. I have friends in Wichita and I used to live in Manhattan! It's a small world! Best to you, Janet

    ReplyDelete